Welcome to the Health Communication Hub from Health Communication Partners
A central place where you’ll find our top health communication resources
Exclusively from Health Communication Partners.
Online Course: Improving your Medical Metaphors
Do your metaphors have the impact you want?
Metaphors enhance health communication. They’re time-saving in their efficiency. But they can backfire when there’s a cultural mismatch.
This workshop is an intense 1 hour experience where you break down your metaphor, find out how it works, and develop a winning process that will help you reach your audience. Examples and references from clinical medicine, medical education and public health.
- A practical way to address unconscious bias in language
- Reach more patients by reducing cultural bias in your metaphors and analogies
- Are you making these 6 mistakes in your cross-cultural communication?
- Two structural concerns that can bog down interprofessional communication
- 12 Reflective practice prompts for health professionals
- How ordinary conversations in healthcare may contribute to health disparities
- From ‘pee-pee’ to ‘pee’ to ‘urine:’ how words work in health
- [Rebroadcast] Why talking about unconscious bias can make people nervous
- [Rebroadcast] Patient Communication: Aristotle helps you break it down
- 5 quick wins for your patient communication
- Infographic: 25 phrases to help resolve conflict
- Infographic: Quickly assess your patient communication
- Infographic: 5 Interprofessional Communication Tips
Sign up for our newsletter
Health Communication support right to your inbox. No spamming, no deficit perspective.