Welcome to the Patient Education Hub from Health Communication Partners
A central place where you’ll find our top patient education resources
For all educators.
If you educate patients, clinicians, or both, these patient education resources are for you. No matter how long you’ve been an educator, no matter where your confidence level is–from newbie to Beyoncé–we’ve got you covered.
For all patients.
These patient education resources are culturally and linguistically appropriate, and designed to reach all kinds of learners. They are grounded in decades of world-class research, alongside a commitment to promoting health equity and reducing health disparities.
For all patient education topics.
These resources are based on patient education principles that apply across topics. Whether you’re educating patients about diabetes or wound care, vaccines or opioids, these educational principles apply.
Patient education is a cornerstone of care. Refresh your skills, and learn new approaches, in this collection of easy-to-use materials. 80 minute audiobook, 45 page eBook, and practical hints, checklists, and charts to use today.
- 1 thing you can do to save time in patient education
- One thought on health communication and chronic disease
- Why health literacy matters to your patient education
- “I can’t follow my patient home:” how context matters in health communication & education
- How to pivot when your patient education isn’t working
- Dr. Jane Shaw on End-of-life conversations in Veterinary Medicine
- Dr. Paul Ranelli about “Giving and gathering” information
- Dr. Ann Ancona on Communication when the patient (or parent) is a provider
- Infographic: 25 ways to elicit important patient information
- Infographic: 10 different ways to organize your patient education
Sign up for our newsletter
Patient education support right to your inbox. No spamming, no deficit perspective.