Health Communication Partners is about health literacy, digital health literacy, patient education, and health communication. With a constant drumbeat of reflective practice, equity, avoiding deficit perspectives, and being culturally- and linguistically-relevant.
The resources on HealthCommunicationPartners.com are not based on what I think you need to hear.
They’re based on the challenges that people like you tell me they’re facing.
Here are some of those frustrations health professionals have personally shared with me:
- There’s so many barriers to communication!
- How can I say it so they’ll retain it?
- I am so busy – how can I do anything about this?
- The way we’ve always done it drives me crazy!
- I don’t know how to talk to this patient because of…
Sound familiar? Sign up below.
Exclusive content you won’t find anywhere else
This is original content that you will not see anywhere else. I base it in research and give links to the studies I cite.
I write these original articles, and produce a podcast series, and make digital educational products, and give workshops, courses, and webinars for one reason: I want to support you in the work you do in the world.
Sign up, and these resources come right to your inbox.
Who’s the newsletter for?
- Care providers
- Medical Educators
- Public Health Professionals
- Undergraduate and Graduate Health Professions Students
- Health Administrators
- Digital Health Professionals
- Patient Educators
- Legal Professionals
- Community Health Workers
A look at what you’ll get
You’ll get a monthly digest of what’s been published at HCP, along with news and upcoming events.
There’s also the deep-dive In Focus newsletter, with a different theme so you can easily find resources on specific topics.
Some of HCP’s most popular articles
- Two things to remember before you educate your next patient
- 4 handy reminders about health literacy
- Infographic: some health literacy basics
Some of HCP’s most popular podcast episodes
- Using microaggressions as a tool to address unconscious bias
- 12 Reflective practice prompts for health care professionals
- How ordinary conversations in healthcare may contribute to health disparities
What you won’t get
Annoying stuff. Spam. Deficit perspective.
Sound good? Sign up below.